With Gov. Holcomb moving the state into Stage 4 of the Back On Track Indiana guidelines, we have updated our information on closings and cancellations:
• Our parks are open, with the exceptions listed below. The public is welcome to visit our parks and amenities, but they should continue to practice social distancing by remaining 6 FEET APART from others. Additionally, we encourage residents to stay home when sick, cover their coughs and practice good hand hygiene. If enjoying our parks, we ask residents to return home immediately if they begin to have symptoms of acute respiratory virus.
• The Park Office is closed to the public. If you need assistance, call 219-326-9600, e-mail Office Manager Roberta Mumaw at email@example.com or contact us on Facebook Messenger.
• The Civic Auditorium is closed to the public, except for approved programs and classes. All events larger than 250 persons are cancelled until at least July 4. Coronavirus-related cancellations for rentals will be refunded in full or fees can transfer to an open future date. If you need assistance, call 219-362-2325, e-mail Civic Auditorium Director Brett Binversie at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Facebook Messenger.
• Beechwood Golf Course is open, including the clubhouse at full capacity, but with social distancing restrictions and sanitation protocols.
• Playgrounds are open. However, the Indiana State Department of Health still urges social distancing of at least 6 feet, staying home when sick or displaying symptoms and proper precautions such as washing hands or using hand sanitizer after playing.
• While Stone Lake Beach continues to be accessible to the public, it remains a “swim at your own risk” area. Lifeguards are scheduled to go on duty beginning July 4 (contact Recreation Director Pam Carroll at email@example.com if interested in lifeguarding).
• The Arts in the Park Summer Concert Series and La Porte City Band concerts, held at the Dennis F. Smith Amphitheater in Fox Park, are scheduled to begin on July 8.
• The Summer Playground program will not be offered this year.
• Park restrooms are open and are cleaned and sanitized each morning.
For a comprehensive online resource on the local response to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit www.hflaporte.org/covid-19-resources.
Additional resources and information about COVID-19 are available from the Indiana State Department of Health at www.in.gov/isdh/28470.htm and on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.If you have questions or concerns, contact Park Superintendent Mark Schreiber at 219-326-9600 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.