Mission: Distinguished by Catholic values, Andean High School offers a college preparatory education in a diverse community. We prepare students for a life-long commitment to faith, learning, leadership, and service in an ever-changing society.
Faculty Opening: History Teacher (Immediate)
Posting #: C20151
Projected Course Offering: US History and Psychology
Applications accepted until: Accepted Until Filled
Contact: Mr. Rick Piwowarski, Assistant Principal
Process: Submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org: cover letter, resume, professional references, and copy of license. Please reference the posting number in the subject line.
Position Overview: In addition to the specific content and pedagogical skills required of an instructor, the ideal candidate will
1. Support the formation of each young person in accordance with the mission and ministry of the Roman Catholic Church as well as collaborate with parents in the formation of their child(ren)
2. Engage in ongoing professional development and supporting fellow faculty and staff members in facilitating faith-based youth development
General Qualifications/Requirements: The requirements below reflect professional expectations:
1. Undergraduate degree or higher, preferably in Social Studies and/or Education.
2. Possess or be in the process of obtaining appropriate licensure from the State of Indiana
3. Knowledge of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, especially as they relate to Catholic education; modeling of a lifestyle aligned with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church
4. Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice, including intervention strategies and strategies to support a diversity of student learning needs
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Ability to pass required criminal backgrounds check(s) and drug screening
Compensation: This position is contracted through the Diocese of Gary and is FULL TIME/EXEMPT. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The retirement plan and health benefits are coordinated through the Diocese of Gary.