The Northwest Indiana Workforce Board (NWIWB) has announced its slate of officers for 2018-2019. Election of the officers occurred during their meeting on May 24, 2018. Comprised of business, education, labor, economic development, and community leaders, the NWIWB members represent the counties of Jasper, Lake, La Porte, Newton, Porter, Pulaski, and Starke.
They facilitate connections to key resources in the workforce and education arena, while convening and working to determine current and future skill needs along with their economic development, education, and employer partners. In addition, they are responsible for carrying out the strategic vision of workforce development and governance of the region’s WorkOne system. The Northwest Indiana Workforce Board’s new officers are as follows:
- Chair-Mary Lewis, Corporate Controller, Andover Management/In Good Company
- Vice Chair-Debi Baughman, Director of Training, Horizon Bank
- Treasurer-Gary Olund, President & CEO, Northwest Indiana Community Action
- Secretary-Frank Cardello, Chief Financial Officer, Packaging Logic, Inc.
- Board & Staff Liaison-Linda Woloshansky, President & CEO, Center of Workforce Innovations
Questions regarding the NWIWB or for further information, visit www.gotoworkonenw.com/nwi-workforce-board/ or call 219-462-2940.