The Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County is a private, not-for-profit organization. We offer a dynamic after-school and summer youth development program that strives to support the academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles of Porter County children. If you have a passion to be a role model and mentor, helping youth to discover their potential, then our Clubs are looking for you!
We are currently hiring for a Gamesroom Program Aide at our Portage Club! This is a part time position. Applicant must be available Monday - Friday, 2:30 pm - 8:00 pm.
The Gamesroom Program Aide is responsible for creating, planning, implementing and supervising social recreation programs and activities for Club members. Incumbent will mentor Club members about good sportsmanship, team work, conflict resolution, honesty and communication to encourage the development of good character and leadership skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and supervise purposeful and engaging programs and activities to achieve specific goals and outcome measurements. Programs and activities include but not limited to:
- Expose and educate members on social recreation programs and activities
- Establish rapport with members and provide mentoring and role modeling to assist with their leadership development, physical activity engagement and academic success.
- Develop and maintain positive climate and environment within program space.
- Promote, stimulate and engage members in activities and programs.
- Provide guidance and direction to members in the areas of academic success, healthy lifestyles, and civic and community engagement.
- Provide direct support and guidance to youth as they develop individual goals and plans.
- Recruit and lead members in program area as well as in field trips and outings.
- Encourage emotional, social, and educational growth of individual members.
- Ensure a clean, healthy and safe program area.
- Maintain an inventory of program equipment and supplies and make requests when necessary.
- Attendance of all staff/agency meetings, as required.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Some college education preferred
- Previous experience working with youth, particularly elementary school age
- Working knowledge of youth development as well as experience with Boys & Girls Clubs preferred
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Capable of organizing and supervising members in a safe environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with youth, parents, staff, volunteers and general public
- Able to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
Qualifications: Candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen. We offer a positive team player work environment and excellent compensation commensurate on experience.