Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County is a dynamic after-school and summer youth development program that strives to support the academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles of Porter County children. If you have a passion to be a role model and mentor, helping youth to discover their potential, then our Clubs are looking for you!
What our Clubs are Seeking:
Our Duneland, Portage, South Haven and Valparaiso Clubs are pursuing qualified individuals for the following youth development positions:
- Education Coordinators
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Coordinators
- Computer Lab Instructors
- Membership Coordinators
- Program Aides
- Site Coordinators for Kidstop (Before and After-School Childcare Program)
- Custodial Staff
What You Will Be Doing!
Every position within Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County is integral in building GREAT Futures for our Club members! Responsibilities, depending on position, include:
- Planning and managing program activities for youth with a focus on education, character development, and healthy living.
- Greet guests, Club members, parents, and volunteers and manage Club membership data.
- Provide a positive Club experience in Clubs and school sites and help to enhance the school-day by providing fun, interesting, and relevant youth activities during non-school hours.
- Provide a safe, fun, and clean atmosphere for Club members.
Why Work for Boys & Girls Clubs?
At Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County, you have the extraordinary opportunity to be there for the important moments in the young lives of our Club members. Whether it is working on an art project, tutoring a child on a homework problem, taking the time to listen to their stories, or helping children make life-changing decisions, it is the relationship between adult role models and our Club members that they will rely on as they are carried into their GREAT Futures.
There are a variety of positions available at various skill levels and are excellent for college students studying education and youth development or education professionals looking for additional work opportunities. Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County offers flexible hours, Club membership fee at half price for employees’ children, on-going training and access to professional development, and more.
Our organization serves nearly 5,000 youth annually, and 1,000 children, ages kindergarten through high school, per day. Currently Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County operates four Club in Valparaiso, Portage, South Haven, and Chesterton and Kidstop sites nine school locations. Our Clubs provide programs and services that promote and enhance the positive development of boys and girls.
How to Apply!
Applications are available online at www.bgcpoco.org/careers!