Career Advancement Scholarships Offered to Area Homemakers

Purdue-ExtensionThe Indiana Extension Homemakers Association and the Porter County Extension Homemakers are offering $500 scholarships to local adult men and women who are furthering their education.

The IEHA county and state scholarships require applicants to be Porter County residents at least 25 years of age and enrolled as an undergraduate student. Each application must include two character reference letters, a college transcript or acceptance letter, a biographical statement and tax form copies.

State IEHA scholarship applications are due by March 15. The state IEHA organization awards 8 - $500 scholarships. Recipients are notified no later than May 15.

County IEHA scholarship applications are due by April 15. The Porter County Extension Homemaker organization awards one $500 scholarship. The recipient will be notified no later than May 15.

The Ruth B. Sayre Scholarship is sponsored by IEHA and applications are due by February 15, 2015. This is a $500 scholarship for an Indiana resident who demonstrates leadership ability, has a financial need and carries a minimum of nine (9) credit hours.

Those interested in applying for one of these scholarships or would like more information; please call the Porter County Extension Office at: 219-465-3555. Applications are available through the Purdue Cooperative Extension Service - Porter County, Porter County Administration Building, 155 Indiana Avenue, Ste. 301, Valparaiso, IN 46383. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. They are also available at the following website: