The eighth annual NIPSCO Luminary Awards will be held on Thursday, Sept. 12, at the company’s Merrillville headquarters. Five northern Indiana community leaders will be recognized at the event. In addition, NIPSCO will celebrate the completion of its 2019 Charity of Choice campaign, a company-wide fundraising initiative, with a check presentation to local organizations supporting seniors.
Introduced in 2012 in celebration of the utility’s 100-year anniversary, the Luminary Awards were created to honor leaders and organizations for their outstanding commitment to strengthening local communities.
These individuals or groups have demonstrated outstanding commitments in five key areas: Community Leadership, Education, Public Safety, Environmental Stewardship, and Economic Development. NIPSCO will make a $1,000 contribution to each award winner’s charity of choice.
This year’s award winners are:
· Community Leadership: Lisa M. Daugherty, Lake Area United Way
· Education: Ivy Tech, Valparaiso Campus, Energy Technology Program
· Public Safety: Lake Station Fire and Rescue
· Environmental Stewardship: NICHES Land Trust
· Economic Development: NewAllen Alliance
WHEN: Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019, from 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. CT
WHERE: NIPSCO Headquarters, 801 E. 86th Ave., Merrillville, IN 46410