The City of Crown Point and Mayor Pete Land will again partner with the Crown Point Community School Corp. to spread cheer to local families in need during the holiday season.
This year, the City will assist approximately 12 families and 30 children selected by the Crown Point Community School Corp. The city and school district have partnered for 14 years to make this program a success.
Please help us provide a Merry Christmas to our local families in need. Here are a few ways you can participate in our Adopt a Family program:
- Dine at Culver’s on the corner of Summit Street and Broadway from 3-8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18. Culver’s of Crown Point will donate 20% of all sales to the City of Crown Point’s Adopt a Family program. Simply mention, “Adopt a Family,” when ordering.
- Dine at Tavern on Main, 136 S. Main St., on Tuesday, Nov. 29. Tavern on Main will donate 10% of all sales to the City of Crown Point’s Adopt a Family program. • Donate non-perishable food items or personal care items at the Main Entrance of Bulldog Park, located at 183 S. West St.
- Donate new hats, gloves and socks during the Adopt a Family Donation Drive beginning Friday, Nov. 25, through Sunday, Nov. 27, at Bulldog Park, located at 183 S. West St.
- Monetary donations can be made at the Mayor’s Office at City Hall, 101 N. East St., or the PACE Department located on the second floor of Bulldog Park, 183 S. West St. • Send spare change with your student to help their class win Coin Wars at Taft Middle School.
- Have your student donate household or personal hygiene products at Wheeler Middle School.
- Have your student donate non-perishable food items at Timothy Ball Elementary School.
“The City of Crown Point has helped dozens of families in need over the years during the holiday season,” Crown Point Mayor Pete Land said. “It is heartwarming to see our community embrace these families and provide them with a memorable Christmas.”
Thank you to Tavern on Main; Culver’s of Crown Point; Strack & Van Til; i4D Event Services; Wheeler and Taft middle schools; Timothy Ball Elementary School; various city departments; board members; staff; and residents for selflessly raising funds and collecting food to provide each family with a special holiday.
For more information regarding the Adopt a Family Program, contact the Entertainment Division of the PACE Department at 219-662-3290.