Culver’s restaurants nationwide make it a point of provide to be involved in the communities in which they serve. One example of this is their "Culver’s Cares" program, where local Culver's chains donate a portion of their profits to local non-profits.
Throughout 2016 we covered several check presentations for the Culver’s Cares program. But, how much total did Culver’s of Valparaiso give back to these organizations?
Each month, Culver’s of Valparaiso donated to a charity that they sought out within the community, below is a list of the results of those campaigns:
- MDA Summer camp: $2,686.84
- Emma's Footprints: $2,679.37
- American Red Cross: $500.00
- Autism Society of Indiana: $1,382.35
- Valparaiso Police Department K9 Unit= $2,316.36
- 4-H Diary Project: $1,400.00
- Lakeshore PAWS: $740.00
- Habitat for Humanity of Porter County: $1,956.88
- Thank You, Farmers: $1,540.37
- Pink Ribbon Society: $3,296.95
- Porter County Veteran Services - Vietnam Veterans: $2,417.25
- American Cancer Society=$456.00
In addition to monthly charity donations, Culver’s also hosted 42 Family Nights in 2016 which raised $2,938 in donations, 18 off-site custard sales events ($4,252.85), and custard scooped at every Valparaiso High School and Valparaiso University basketball game ($4,000).
Culver’s grand total for 2016 was $32,553.22!
“We truly are blessed to be part of such a generous and caring community. We also have a great team that is dedicated to the enrichment of our community,” Culver’s of Valparaiso's Marilyn Christman commented.
On your next trip to Culver's remind yourself that you're not only getting a delicious meal, you're also helping out the community in a big way!