Full-Time Salary Employee with Incentives
Hours: Monday- Friday 8:30 a.m-5:00 p.m. with a half hour off for lunch. Flex scheduling as events occur with prior consent by President and reports directly to the President.
The Membership Director is responsible for the sales of new memberships through the development and implementation of an effective and aggressive program to increase membership growth and meet revenue and organizational objectives.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Maintaining positive relationships to ensure future sales and sponsorship
- Present, promote and sell advertising, sponsorship, and membership using solid arguments to existing and prospective members
- Secure new members for the organization.
- Reach out to member leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of member problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve goals and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Track sales and status reports
- Supply management with reports on member needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and chamber trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Develop and implement sales strategy for achieving membership sales goals and event goals to support organization's strategic plan objectives.
- Maintain prospect database in Chambermaster, including contacts and activity.
- Attend and invite prospects to organization events and coordinate introductions to others.
- Manage activities of Ambassador Committee and New Member Orientation.
- Work with other staff in team-oriented environment.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of organization programs, services, initiatives and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience as a sales representative
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- BS/BA degree or equivalent