The Duneland Chamber of Commerce will host their annual State of the Chamber & Community Awards Wednesday, July 18 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Allure on the Lake in Chesterton. With a lively welcome from AM 1420-WIMS’ Ric Federighi, the event will kick off with an update on what the Chamber has accomplished so far this year and what their goals are moving forward.
Immediately following are the Community Awards portion of the program. Many local organizations, businesses, and individuals are being awarded for their efforts in making the Duneland community a better place to live, work, and play. The winners are as follows:
- Putting Duneland on the Map – Chesterton Speech & Debate Team
- Business Renovation Award – The Allure on the Lake
- New Construction Award – StoryPoint of Chesterton
- New Construction Award – NITCO & Town of Chesterton (Chesterton Fiber Network)
- Humanitarian of the Year – Lu Dewulf
- Volunteer of the Year – Joe Grossbauer
- Golden Achievement Award – Carol Ruzic
- Duneland Distinguished Woman – To be announced at event
- Serviceperson of the Year – Susan Resteau
For more information about the Duneland Chamber of Commerce or upcoming events, or to RSVP please call the Chamber at 219.926.5513, or email email@example.com
Thank you to our sponsors who help make this event possible: Comcast, Porter Regional Hospital, Franciscan Health, AM 1420 WIMS, The Times Media Company, Ashley’s Jewelry by Design, Success-Trek, 1st Source Bank, BMO Harris Bank, NITCO, Teachers Credit Union, Centier Bank, Horizon Bank, Porter Bank, and Lakeside Wealth Management Group
The Duneland Chamber of Commerce is a catalyst organization committed to ensuring that its member communities are vibrant places to live, work and play. Through service to the towns of Beverly Shores, Burns Harbor, Chesterton, Dune Acres and Porter, the Chamber provides a unified voice for robust community-building events, meaningful educational programming and smart economic development in the Duneland area. For more information, please visit www.dunelandchamber.org.