Written by Charlie Roberts
Technology is an increasingly important tool to help our customers to easily manage their personal finances. These consumers can administer their money from home instead of taking the sometimes lengthy drive to their nearest bank branch office.
Consumers are using their debit cards to make the purchases they once reserved for checks or cash. However, the convenience of a quick debit card swipe and the savings from not having to regularly purchase checks has negatively impacted the businesses and organizations that rely on a majority of their income or donations coming from check writers.
When I attend church and fundraising events, I have to remind myself to bring my checkbook. In fact, carrying a checkbook has become so foreign to me that I often find myself wanting to give but not having the capability to do so.
The great news for businesses, organizations and those that patronize them is that there are solutions that keep pace with customers lifestyle and are easy to implement. For example, Horizon Bank’s Online Payment Portal, a service that allows you to safely receive payment through the internet, does not require the technical resources, money or expertise normally needed to integrate shopping carts onto your website.
Our Online Payment Portal can receive three types of payments:
- A single payment form your checking account
- A recurring payment scheduled from your account
- Card payment with a debit or credit card
Customers can make payments with ease 24 hours a day from the comfort of their home.
The service also provides instant confirmation of payment for your your customer’s records as well as payment reports for the business.
We’ll provide you with a unique web address for you to link on your Homepage. The link takes your customers to a secure and customizable landing page complete with your company’s logo. Once there, they simply enter their information and make their payments or donations the same way they make any other payments online.
Click here if you would like to see a short video on the payment portal.
Horizon’s Online Payment Portal makes it easier than ever for your business or organization to accept online payments from your customers or donors. It offers:
- Convenience – Payments or donations can be made with a couple mouse clicks instead of making out checks, addressing and stamping envelopes and mailing them to you on time.
- Speed – No more hand-processing of checks. What once took days in the mail now takes seconds, and significantly accelerates your cash flow and productivity.
- Security – Security features make every transaction safe and secure. Risk management features also allow you to set transaction limits and a permission hierarchy for your staff or volunteers.
- Accessibility – Robust reporting allows you access to review data such as transaction history and recurring payments. Your customers or donors can view their own payment history online.