Executive Team Assistant
Ideas in Motion Media - publishers of ValpoLife.com, PortageLife.com, LaPorteCountyLife.com, and NWIndianaLife.com - is seeking a full-time Executive Team Assistant at the company's Valparaiso office. This person will be the primary support person for the company’s Founder and our Executive Team Leader. Applicants should have experience as an executive or administrative assistant and be able to think quickly and critically to support the fast-paced nature of the team while anticipating the needs of the company’s leaders. This is an entry-level position.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Communication – calling, emailing, Facebook messaging, texting, and frequent in-person meetings alongside company leaders. Capturing what happens in meetings and effectively creating follow-up and other communications as a result. We communicate in whatever method necessary for the partner and the purpose.
- Writing – putting into words the actions and guidance of the Founder and Executive Team Leader, with occasional guidance from the editorial team.
- Event Planning – scheduling, sending invites, setting up physical spaces for meetings and events, engaging with attendees, and sending prompt thank you/follow up notes, etc.
- Sales Support – setting up meetings and using social media effectively for marketing and research. Supporting the executive team in creating reports and other communications in support of account management.
- Scheduling – maintaining schedules for the Founder & Executive Team Leader, anticipating their scheduling and meeting preparation needs.
- Support – providing general administrative support that could include, but is not limited to, writing business communications, fielding phone calls, printing and collating sales packets, coordinating business lunches, etc.
- At least one year of proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience
- At least one year of client relationship management preferred, but not required
- Proven understanding and effective use of business etiquette
- Proficiency in Google Drive (including Google Docs, Sheets, Hangouts, and others) and Microsoft Office and Outlook at minimum
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment with idea-makers, creatives, and quick thinkers
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the executive team and act accordingly
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills
- Social media knowledge
- The drive and ability to meet high expectations
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
This is a unique entry-level role that requires an individual who is tenacious, eager to work side-by-side with leaders, and willing and able to absorb information from the company’s leaders and translate that into whatever it takes to create a smooth, organized, daily workflow for them.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.