The picnic and dedication of the renovated Children's Room at The Caring Place Shelter, in honor and memory of Declan Faherty, was a tremendous success last Thursday evening.
In April 2009, The Caring Place lost one of its most valued volunteers, Declan Faherty, to a tragic accident. Each week, Declan spent a few hours with children in the Community Program - playing games, teaching, and simply being a friend and positive male role model to children who needed it most.
Our sincere thanks goes to the thoughtful monetary, in-kind material, and labor contributors who were honored with a special plaque that will hang in the Children's Room - acknowledging these extraordinary individuals.
- Mike Bell, Bell Construction, Inc.
- Scott and Stephanie Braming
- Howard Gutenstein and Family
- William Lawrence
- Marc Loesche, Hardwood Interiors
- Dave Owen, Owen Painting
- Larry Rinker, Custom Craft
- Mauri and Jan Stump, Tudor Floors-Carpet One
- Rondi Wightman and Greg Stinson
- Wayne Wilson, Wilson Construction