Additional non-credit courses focus on interior design, public relations and photography
Want to work it on the runway like contestants on “America’s Next Top Model”? If so, aspiring fashionistas should consider enrolling in an adult-education course focused on modeling offered at IU Northwest. This non-credit course, starting Sept. 7, will provide students with an introduction into the evolving world of modeling. The class will meet every Tuesday from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m., concluding Oct. 12.
The class will teach the business aspects and stages of the modeling industry: from the initial interview to the portfolio to landing the first job. Adults of all ages and shapes are welcome to enroll. This truly unique and dynamic course will also cover hair care, cosmetics, and wardrobe selection. Skills will be put to test with a photo shoot by a recognized, Chicago-based modeling agency.
The course is $159 per person. There are no additional fees for the photo session; however, transportation to Chicago will be at the participant’s expense.
Other upcoming adult-education classes at IU Northwest include:
- Dental Office Administration: Tuesdays, September 7 - October 26, 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m., $225 (includes book)
- Eye Clinic Assistant: Tuesdays and Thursdays, September 7 - October 14, 7 p.m. until 9:30 p.m., $440 (includes book)
- Medical Terminology: Wednesdays, September 15 - November 3, 7 p.m. - 9:30 p.m., $225 (includes book)
- Pharmacy Technician Training: Tuesdays and Thursdays, September 14 - November 18, 7 p.m. until 9:30 p.m., $900 (includes book)
- How to Start a Not for Profit Organization: Monday and Wednesday, September 13 & 15, 6 p.m. until 8:30 p.m., $70
- Public Relations – A Campaign: Mondays, September 13 & 20, 7 p.m. until 9 p.m., $85
- Writing for the Workplace: Tuesdays, September 7 - October 12, 7 p.m. until 9 p.m., $109
- Word –Microsoft Office 2010: Saturday, September 11, 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., $145 (includes book)
- Excel – Microsoft Office 2010: Saturday, September 18, 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., $145 (includes book)
- Gods, Goddesses, Myths, and Religions: Tuesdays, September 7 - 28, 5:30 p.m. until 6:45 p.m., $75
- Interior Design: Mondays, September 13 - October 18, 7 p.m. until 9 p.m., $139
- Photography – The Basics: Tuesdays and Thursdays, September 2 - 16, 7 p.m. until 9:30 p.m., $145
To register for any of the listed courses, contact Adult Education Coordinator Linda Szalmasagi at (219) 980-6806, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. A full list of classes and descriptions can be found by visiting the Web at http://www.iun.edu/~adultedu/.