Valparaiso Events is looking for an enthusiastic, highly organized, and detail-oriented full-time Event Coordinator to contribute to the success of the organization. We are seeking a proactive individual with excellent communication skills, time management skills, and a collaborative spirit. The ideal candidate is personable, creative, and has previous event planning and event production experience.
• Responsible for every aspect of assigned events, from conception and planning to day-of logistics and post-event evaluation.
• Identifies event opportunities that align with our mission and goals.
• Researches and contracts vendors and suppliers for event needs; sends requests for proposals (RFPs) as needed.
• Keeps event budget and timeline constraints in mind while planning.
• Creates and implements marketing plan to promote and publicize events. Shares social media and website duties with other staff.
• Determines staffing and volunteer needs for events; recruits, manages, and retains event volunteers.
• Handles day-to-day administration of event planning tasks (e.g., vendor management, event diagrams, production schedules, permit requests, event signage, ticketing, etc.); delegates tasks as needed.
• Manages day-of event operations, overseeing all event happenings and proactively handling any issues that arise.
• Provides excellent customer service for event attendees and vendors.
• Evaluates event success via post-event surveys and reports. Holds event recap meetings.
• Answers phone calls, greets office visitors, and monitors the general email inbox when Office Coordinator is unable to do so; confidently answers questions, solves problems, and routes callers, visitors, and messages appropriately; exhibits polite and professional communication.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Skills:
• High School Diploma/GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Prior event industry/event coordination experience with a proven track record of organizing successful events.
• Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
• Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
• Computer Skills - Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and other software
• Access to and experience with social media
• Professional, polite & able to remain calm under stress
Hours & Pay:
• Full-time, including evenings and weekends as needed for event responsibilities
• Benefits – Paid Time Off; Health Insurance/Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangement (ICHRA); 401(k) option with up to 3% employer matching; yearly merit bonus
• Salary – range starts at $36,800+; offer commensurate with experience and skills
Applications are being accepted through January 17. To apply, click here.