Standing at the gateway to Gary’s Miller community, the old Miller School at 665 South Lake Street turned 100 years old this year. Every day in this building, which is now home to South Shore Centre for the Arts and the South Shore Dance Alliance (SSDA), energetic young dancers and artists work and learn, not looking back but looking forward to what their futures can be.
Now is the time to look to the future—for South Shore Centre and the Dance Alliance, for our community, and for ourselves and our families. It’s time to look to the Next 100.
Celebrate with us on Sunday, November 14, from 3-6 p.m. at the Centre, with this special afternoon of events:
Photo Exhibit/Wine & Cheese Reception (3–6 p.m.)
- 24 in 24: A Day in the Life of the Region Photo Exhibit Opening
- Smooth jazz from Lock, Stock, and Barrel
- Preview of some exciting community events planned for 2011
Performances and Collaborations (4:30 p.m.)
- South Shore Dance Alliance (junior and senior companies)
- Guests artist vocalist Patti Shaffner and more
- 24 in 24 photo competition winners announced
Tickets: $24 per person, proceeds benefit South Shore Dance Alliance
(Tickets available at the Centre, online at southshoredance.org, or at the door. Performance seating is limited) For more information, stop by the Centre, go to www.southshoredance.org, call 219-427-0188, or email email@example.com
Event sponsors: Bauer Latoza Studios, Lee Construction, and Accucraft Imaging