With spring break right around the corner, the South Shore Line (SSL) is reminding riders about its Kids Ride Free program. Kids Ride Free is part of the SSL’s ongoing efforts to provide affordable and convenient transportation to and from South Bend, cities in Northwest Indiana and Chicago.
Up to three children under the age of 14 may ride the train for free with each parent or guardian and is available during ALL weekend/holiday trains and ALL off-peak weekday trains. Off-peak trains are those arriving at Millennium Station after 9:30 a.m. CST and departing from Millennium Station before 3:30 p.m. and after 6:30 p.m. CST.
To make spring break planning easy, visit mysouthshoreline.com/plan-your-trip/spring-events for a list of great spring break adventures throughout South Bend, Northwest Indiana and Chicago.
Plus, we're only a couple of weeks away from bringing your bikes back on the South Shore Line! Bikes on Trains starts up on April 1st, click here for more info.
Some fun, family friendly event suggestions:
- Chicago Children’s museum – events every day in March & April
- Baconfest Chicago - March 31 - April 1
- Brick By Brick Exhibit at Museum of Science and Industry - March 10-Sept 4
- Chicago’s Flower & Garden Show - March 18-26
- Crown Family Playlab at Chicago’s Field Museum
- Dolphin show at Shedd Aquarium
- Asleep with the Fishes @ Shedd Aquarium (3/10, 3/24, 4/7)
- Circus 1903 at the Oriental Theatre – March 21-26th
- Stargazing at Kemil Beach (Recurring monthly on the 1st through November)
- Chicago White Sox Home Opener – April 3
- Chicago Cubs Home Opener – April 10
- Cavalia presents Odysseo at Soldier Field – April 1-23rd.
- Navy Pier Presents Resolution Revolution (Tuesdays and Thursdays through 3/30)
For more information on train schedules, discounts and to plan a trip, please visit mysouthshoreline.com, follow the South Shore Line on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, or download the SSL app, available for iPhone and Android.