For the environmentally conscious, every day is Earth Day. But one day each year is especially important for us to think green and that is Earth Day, landing on April 22nd this year!
There are some great events commemorating Earth Day this year all along Chicagoland and Northern Indiana, and the South Shore Line is here to connect you with all of them! Not only are you "going green" by taking the train instead of clogging up the roads, but there also opportunity to take your bikes and your children as well to learn more about Mother Earth.
We gathered a few below, but if you know of any others, please send us an email to email@example.com and we'll add them to this list!
For more information on bike-friendly train schedules, discounts and to plan your trip, please visit mysouthshoreline.com or download the SSL app (available for iPhone and Android). Passengers wishing to bring their bicycles on the train must comply with the requirements listed on the South Shore Line’s website at: www.mysouthshoreline.com/plan-your-trip/bikes-on-trains.
The South Shore Line is a commuter rail line operated by the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District (NICTD) between Millennium Station in downtown Chicago and the South Bend International Airport in South Bend, Indiana. And, don't forget, kids ride for free all Spring Break long.
South Bend Airport
- How You Became You - Origin of the Elements of Life (4/18)
- Nature Munchkins - Skunks (4/20)
- Earth Day Concert by The Ripple Effect (4/22)
11th Street Michigan City
- Plan, Prepare, Plant, Produce: Your 2017 Garden (4/19)
- Celebrate Earth Day Kids Night Out (4/21)
- Springtime History Hike (4/22)
- Gardening at Chellberg Farm! (4/8)
- Dunes Vintage Camper Glamping Weekend (4/28-4/30)
- Benefit Ride to Support Rebuilding Together (4/23)
- Northwest Indiana Earth Day Celebration (4/22)
- Earth Day Celebration! (4/15)
- Earth Day 5k Run Walk (4/22)
- Youth Day of Caring (4/22)
- 7th Annual Portage Township Team Up to Clean Up (4/22)
Van Buren Street
Millennium Station at Randolph