As a result of the latest information provided from the State of Indiana/Governor Holcomb’s Office on the current pandemic of COVID-19 virus, I am hereby closing all city buildings to the public, effective Tuesday March 17, 2020.
During this time:
• All City offices will be operational during normal business hours but, only available to answer phone calls and emails – no walk-ins.
• All police, fire, emergency services will remain operational.
• Trash pick-up will continue as usual, unless otherwise notified by the city.
• All regularly scheduled public meetings have been suspended until April 6, 2020.
• Utility bills (Community Service Bill) may be paid by mail or placed in the designated payment box outside of City Hall only – no entering the City Hall until
further notice. If you have direct payment currently setup – nothing will change with that process.
• Indiana American Water has confirmed that our water supply to our homes and businesses is safe to drink as it meets or exceeds all Federal and State
requirements, for further information from the EPA on public water systems please visit - EPA Drinking Water Regulations
• The Building Department will be open to review applications for all building permits - Inspections will continue as needed and requested. Call 662-3239
directly to find out more details on this process.
*ALL THE ABOVE OPERATIONS ARE BASED ON CURRENT CONDITIONS PROVIDED TO THE CITY OF CROWN POINT*
Please follow the CDC preventive measures to help control and contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus, which includes limiting gathering to no more than 50 people, keeping a social distance from others, frequent hand washing, covering sneezes and coughs.
This order will remain in effect until further notice.