Vacation season is here, and planning for your much-deserved trip can have its ups and downs. Regardless of how far you are traveling this season, the amount of preparation can become chaotic, especially when you are trying to make arrangements for your four-legged family members.
For many pet owners, leaving your loyal companions behind can leave you feeling guilty or worried while you're out of town. Questions such as, “Do I have a family member or neighbor come over and check on them? Do I have a family member keep them for you? Or do I board them?” are just some of the things you think about when you are weighing different options.
Boarding your pet while you’re out of town is one of the best ways to ensure your pets are cared for properly, which in turn helps eliminate some of that added stress. Luckily for those of us in Northwest Indiana, there is no better place that takes better care of your pets than McAfee Animal Hospital (MAH).
Along with being one of the leading veterinary clinics in the region, MAH also offers some of the best boarding services. The trained kennel technicians at MAH are able to give medication and carefully monitor your pet’s health, which is why so many trust MAH with their pets. From the time you drop off your pet to the time you pick them up, you can rest assure your extended family members will be taken care of by the best in the business.
MAH’s boarding services include:
- Unmatched service from the highly-trained caretakers
- Separate rooms for cats and dogs
- Individual runs for each dog
- Two-story kitty condos with plenty of sunlight
- Each animal receives a dose of Capstar to kill any fleas that could spread to others to ensure a flea-free environment
- Bedding, food, and bowls are provided (if your pet has special food or a favorite toy, please feel free to bring it along for the stay)
- And to top it off, during your pet’s stay they can get groomed (for an additional fee)
Before you board your pet, MAH requires all animals must be up-to-date on their vaccines such as rabies, distemper, leptospirosis, and kennel cough for canines. A negative stool sample in the last six months is also required to ensure the safety of each pet from disease.
If you have ever worked with MAH, you know about their extraordinary service and expert care when it comes to taking care of your pets. For more information on McAfee Animal Hospital’s boarding services, visit their website here.