Rittenhouse Senior Living of Valparaiso announces that they will be hosting a new Alzheimer’s and Dementia Caregiver Support Group the 4th Saturday of every month at 1:00 pm at their community on 1300 Vale Park Road, Valparaiso. These meeting will be free and open to the public. If you have any questions regarding the support group please contact Lisa Gress the group facilitator at 219.531.2484. This support group is offered through Alzheimer’s & Dementia Services of Northern Indiana.
Support groups are free meetings held for family members and/or friends caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia. The group focuses on providing education and support. Group leaders and members provide mutual emotional support, exchange care giving skills, share information about helpful community services and problem-solve together. All information shared at support group meetings is confidential.
Through the Support Group you can:
- Gain a better understanding of dementia/Alzheimer’s disease
- Learn to deal with crisis in a constructive way
- Be with people sharing a similar experience
- Get advice about a particular problem or community service
- Obtain support to take care of your own health
- Get a break from care giving responsibilities