Staff-led fundraising raffles, picnics and games amplify company initiative
Northern Indiana Public Service Company (NIPSCO) employees gathered on October 8 to celebrate achieving their fundraising goal of $100,000 for the Boys & Girls Clubs of northern Indiana. The funds will be used to help create a positive environment for youth to learn, develop and grow across the 32 counties served by the utility.
The donation is part of a broader company initiative supporting the 18 chapters in the NIPSCO footprint. Earlier this year, NIPSCO announced a $1 million pledge in support of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Indiana’s Tolleston project, the largest company donation to date.
In addition to their fundraising efforts, NIPSCO employees contributed volunteer hours at numerous Club facilities in northern Indiana. Staff-led initiatives included:
- Took part in the Tolleston Clean Sweep of the former Gary junior/high school in preparation for reconstructing the building into the John Will Anderson Boys & Girls Club and Community Center
- Hosted a fundraising picnic at R. M. Schahfer Generating Station in Wheatfield that raised $4,500
- The NIPSCO IT Team rewired and networked the Michigan City Club’s computer lab and provided refurbished computers
- A series of raffles in LaPorte, Goshen, Plymouth and South Bend raised more than $3,500
- Hosted a softball tournament in Fort Wayne that raised more than $1,700
- Performed yard work, cleaning play and classroom areas and organizing the office area at the Hammond Club
- Hosted a fundraising picnic and raffle at NIPSCO’s Merrillville headquarters that raised nearly $9,000
- Hosted a golf tournament in DeMotte that raised $15,500
- NIPSCO and Boys & Girls Club leaders from around the company's 32-county footprint gather to celebrate a $100,000 fundraising campaign led by NIPSCO employees.
- Dana Brad, manager, transmission major projects, completes the shading on the thermometer that has tracked NIPSCO’s progress on its goal.