The Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission (NIRPC) Full Commission elected the 2015 Executive Board at its January Full Commission meeting. 2014 Chair Brian Snedecor, Mayor of Hobart, passed the gavel to Mayor Blair Milo of LaPorte, Chair for 2015.
The other officers for 2015 are:
- Vice-Chair: Jim Ton, Chesterton Town Council
- Treasurer: Roosevelt Allen, Jr., Lake County Commission
- Secretary: Bob Schaefer, Long Beach Town Council
- Executive Board (Lake County): Mayor Anthony Copeland, East Chicago
- Executive Board (Lake County): Michael Griffin, Highland Clerk-Treasurer
- Executive Board (LaPorte County): Richard Murphy, Michigan City City Council
- Executive Board (LaPorte County): Dave Decker, LaPorte County Commission
- Executive Board (Porter County): Don Ensign, Hebron Town Council
- Executive Board (Porter County): Greg Stinson, Porter Town Council
- Executive Board: Representative Ed Soliday, Governor’s Appointee
These officers will serve in these positions for 2015, with an election of new officers in January of 2016. Per its state enabling legislation, the NIRPC Full Commission meets four times per year, with the Executive Board meeting in the remaining months. Agendas, minutes, resolutions, and other information regarding these and other NIRPC committees are available on NIRPC’s website at www.nirpc.org. Requests for alternative formats may be directed to Mary Thorne, 219-763-6060, ext. 131, or firstname.lastname@example.org. TTY users may contact him by calling Relay Indiana at 711.
NIRPC is the Metropolitan Planning Organization and regional council of local governments for the three counties of Northwest Indiana. NIRPC provides the forum for local elected officials, regional, leadership, and citizens to address regional issues relating to transportation, the environment and community and economic development. NIRPC seeks to develop consensus solutions with the broadest participation.