Pinney Purdue Field Day will be taking place on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at Pinney Purdue Ag Center which is located 5 1/2 miles East of Valparaiso or 1 mile West of Wanatah on US Highway 30 then North 1/2 mile on County Line Road (Porter/LaPorte). Watch for signs.
7:30 – 8:15 am CDT Registration, PARP Sign-up, Exhibits
8:15 – 9:15 am CDT Welcome and Introductions
- Chris Hurt – Ag Outlook: What’s Coming in the Ag Economy for 2014? A New Farm Bill? Crop Prices? Farm Incomes? Land Values? Rents?
9:20 am - 12:00 pm CDT Tours and Program Presentations
- Kiersten Wise – Updates on Corn Disease Management
- Shaun Casteel – Advancing Soybean Yield with Management
- Jim Camberato/Bob Nielsen – Corn N Management and Seeding Rates to Maximize Profit
- Bill Johnson/Bryan Overstreet – Problem Weeds: Herbicide Resistance & Control Strategies (including steps to control Palmer amaranth)
- Fred Whitford – Your Farm Runs on Tires: Products, Pesticides, People
12:00 pm CDT Sponsored Pork Chop Lunch
Visit exhibits & visit with your neighbors Twilight Program
5:30 - 8:00 p.m. CDT Program Presentations
- Tony Vyn – Late-Season Nutrient Uptake in High Yield Corn: Management Implications.
- Travis Legleiter/Bryan Overstreet – Problem Weeds: Herbicide Resistance & Control Strategies (including steps to control Palmer amaranth)
- Fred Whitford – Your Farm Runs on Tires: Products, Pesticides, People You can receive PARP at either the field day or twilight session (not both).
Exhibits from local agribusinesses, dealers, and ag services companies
Certified Crop Adviser Continuing Education Units applied for
Private Applicator Recertification Program (PARP) Credit - This is an opportunity to fulfill 1/3 of your Private Applicator Permit requirements (with payment of $10 fee)
If you have a disability that requires assistance for your participation in this event, please contact La Porte County CES at 219-324-9407 or Pinney PAC at 219-733-2379 at least 3 days prior to the event.
Purdue University, Indiana Counties and U.S. Department of Agriculture Cooperating An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution