Valparaiso Community Festivals & Events (VCFE) will host the 33rd Annual Popcorn Festival on Saturday, September 10 when over 50,000 festival goers will descend on downtown Valparaiso. Festival day will consist of annual favorites including: arts and crafts booths, popcorn parade, 5M run/5K walk, kid’s inflatable area, and two stages filled with a variety of live entertainment. Pre-festival activities begin the week leading up to the event in the Orville Redenbacher Tent which will be located next to Central Park Plaza. Beginning Tuesday, September 6, a variety of local organizations will cater lunch and dinner daily under the tent. This year dinners will include live music at The Porter Health Amphitheater stage.
Tuesday, September 6
- Lunch: 11a -1p catered by Pestos (Live music by Chris Greene Quartet)
- Dinner: 5-7p catered by Boys & Girls Club (Live music: Mayor Jon Costas)
Wednesday, September 7
- Lunch: 11a-1p catered by Billy Jacks
- Dinner: 4:30-7p catered by Valpo Dining Group (Live music: Kent Arnsbarger/Steel Drum)
Thursday, September 8
- Lunch: 11a-1p catered by Strongbow
- Dinner: 4:30-7p catered by Kiwanis (Live music: VU Crusader Band)
Friday, September 9
- Lunch: 11a-1p catered by Kelsey’s
- Dinner: 4:30-7p catered by NWI School Nutrition (Live music: VHS Band/Swing Choir)
For more information about the Popcorn Festival and other events planned for this year, visit VCFE at www.valparaisoevents.com or call 464.8332.