To increase wellness education and the importance of preventive health screenings, Porter Health System will present a Health Fair from 3 to 6 pm on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at The Gathering Place, 131 North Main Street in Hebron.
Visit the Porter Health System website
814 LaPorte Avenue
Valparaiso, IN 46383
The Community Health Fair will feature free refreshments, as well as the following free health screenings and education:
- Blood Pressure: Learn more about your heart’s functions and how important this number is.
- Blood Sugar: Obtain your basic blood sugar numbers to learn more about your risk of heart attack and diabetes.
- Bone Density: Find out information related to your bone health and osteoporosis through an ultrasound of the heel.
- Pulmonary Function: Calculate your lungs’ ability to provide the oxygen you need.
- Hearing Screen: Receive a basic hearing screen from one of Porter’s audiologists.
Additionally, on behalf of the Hebron Chamber of Commerce participants will be able to visit with representatives of Hebron’s business community who also offer health-related services
For more information regarding the Health Fair, call 219.263.4644.