Porter-Starke Services would like to reassure the community that as an essential service, we will remain open during the stay-at-home order issued by Governor Holcomb. Current clients and those interested in services are welcome to schedule an appointment. All Porter-Starke Services locations will be open from 8:00 am through 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. These hours are in effect until April 30th. Additionally, the emergency and crisis response teams are still responding to all calls for services and evaluations.
In order to protect clients and staff, the organization is taking multiple precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of those they serve. Precautions include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing phone appointments and telemedicine services whenever possible;
- Limiting the number of individuals in-office to maintain social distancing of 6 feet;
- Asking anyone who feels ill or has symptoms to remain home;
- Asking clients not to arrive more than five minutes prior to appointment times;
- Conducting screenings for COVID-19 symptoms prior to in-person appointments;
- Implementing additional cleaning protocols for high-traffic areas;
- Suspending visiting hours at the Inpatient Care Center until further notice.
This list is not exhaustive of the measures being taken to ensure the safety and well-being of clients and staff. Additionally, precautions will be updated as the CDC and Indiana State Department of Health update their guidelines.
“At this time we would like to reassure our community that we will continue to be there for you through these times of uncertainty,” said Matt Burden, President/CEO of Porter-Starke Services. “Our team has worked hard to adjust the way we provide services amid the pandemic and will continue to serve the community in every way we can.”
Porter-Starke Services also offers myStrength to the community. MyStrength is a free online and mobile resource that offers a range of resources to help individuals improve their mental health from home and can be accessed at https://www.porterstarke.org/resources/mystrength. Clients and community members who are feeling anxious or stressed are encouraged to call 219.531.3500 to speak with the Porter-Starke Services team.