The Indiana Department of Education has released letter grades for the 2012-2013 school year. We are pleased to report the following grades:
- Porter Township School Corporation: A (increased from a B in 2011-2012)
- Boone Grove High School: A (increased from a B in 2011-2012)
- Boone Grove Middle School: B (A in 2011-2012)
- Boone Grove Elementary School: A (increased from a C in 2011-2012)
- Porter Lakes Elementary School: A (increased from a C in 2011-2012)
We are very pleased with the increases we saw as a district and in many of our buildings. This can be attributed to the outstanding support from our parents, hard work of the PTSC staff, and dedication of PTSC students. These grades reflect student performance and growth on state assessments. At the high school level it also represents our graduation rate and college and career readiness. It is extremely difficult to continue to show growth at the A level, and that will be a focus this year.
The Department of Education continues to work to modify the current grading system to reflect a system that is easier to understand and is more reflective of individual student growth. Currently student growth is compared to a normed group of other students with like scores. While no system will ever be perfect or completely reflect all of the hard work that happens each and every day--we will continue to strive to meet the needs of every student, every day, pushing each student to reach his or her fullest potential.
The letter grades for 2012-2013 are not yet loaded into the Department of Education's Compass Data system--but you can visit the link to see the data from last year. Very soon you will be able to use the drop down menu on the left to select the 2012-2013 school year.
- February 8, 2014: Legislative Forum being sponsored by the Porter County Retired Teachers is being held at Wheeler High School from 9-10:30 am.
- February 17, 2014: President’s Day, No School
- February 19, 2014: Online Day BGHS and BGMS
- February 26, 2014: Kindergarten Round-Up for Porter Lakes Elementary There will be three parent/child meeting sessions, 9:00 – 10:00, 11:00 – 12:00, and 1:00 – 2:00. Parents are asked to phone the school to reserve a space in their preferred session. Spaces are limited, please phone early. Parents may reach the school at 219-306-8076, extension 5000. Children that will be 5 years of age before August 1 should enroll in kindergarten. Parents should be prepared to bring their child’s birth certificate, immunization record, and proof of residency to the session.
Things to Know:
- We have applied for waivers from the Department of Education for January 6, 7, 8, 2014. We have not yet received a response and so we continue to wait to determine which days we will need to makeup. Watch for more information to come!
- Every Wednesday is a 30-minute delayed start. If we have a 2-hour delay, students will arrive at school 2 hours after the regular start time for the building.
- We are hiring substitute teachers! Please contact Linda Dusek at the administration building if you are interested in substitute teaching and she will help you start the application process and discuss qualifications.
- We are also looking for bus drivers to drive our extra-curricular runs. If you are interested, please apply online.