You know that diet and exercise are important when it comes to creating your best body, but you may be overlooking other techniques for getting into the best shape.
Turn the following 13 simple tips into habits and watch as your body transforms.
1) Eat a Smart Breakfast. Most people load up on carbohydrates and simple sugars for breakfast. Cereal, pastries, smoothies and juice are all poor choices when it comes to starting your day off right. Center your breakfast around protein and healthy fat, and you'll have energy for hours. Try a protein shake, eggs, lean breakfast meat, or a handful of nuts.
2) Get More Sleep. If you're not getting at least 8 hours of sleep each night then you could use more sleep. This is especially true if you've reached a plateau with weight loss. Give your body the 8 hours of sleep each night and make weight loss easier.
3) Just Do It. If you're really ready to achieve your best body ever, then dig down deep and commit. As Woody Allen famously said, "80% of success is showing up." This is absolutely true when it comes to fitness. Show up to your workout. Even if you're tired. Even if you'd rather be doing something else. Just do it.
4) Plan Ahead. Take one day each week to plan your healthy meals for the following week. You don't have to do all the shopping and cooking on that day, simply jot down what you plan to eat. This small act of planning ahead will keep you on track with healthy meals even when the week gets crazy busy.
5) Cut Out Gluten. Many people don't realize that they have a certain level of sensitivity to gluten, which causes intestinal inflammation and bloating. Also, gluten-filled foods are typically high in carbohydrates, which contribute to weight gain. When you cut gluten-filled items from your diet don't fall into the trap of simply replacing those items with other high-carb items. Choose non-packaged, whole foods instead.
6) Believe In Yourself. Do you believe that you have what it takes to transform your body? If you want to succeed in weight loss then you have to believe that it's possible. Give yourself a pep talk and dig down deep for the courage and discipline to apply these healthy changes to your life.
7) Eat Less Dairy. Dairy products like cheese or cream add extra fat and calories to your meals. Pass on the dairy and you'll eliminate unnecessary calories, making weight loss quicker.
8) Sleep and Wake at the Same Time. This tip sounds so simple, and yet it's a powerful way to increase your daily energy. Get your body on a schedule and watch how much more productive and energetic you become.
9) Include Veggies at Every Meal. Most people aren't too crazy about vegetables, and probably eat less than they should. Make it a point to include a vegetable with each of your meals – even breakfast. The increase in fiber and other nutrients will give your body that extra boost that you're looking for.
10) Ditch Packaged Food. Throw out those packaged foods! This is one of the easiest things you can do to achieve quicker weight loss results. Packaged foods contain chemicals and additives that will slow your fitness results.
11) Drink More Water. Being hydrated is key when it comes to creating your best body. Drink water throughout your day and limit caffeinated beverages to once daily.
12) Forget Artificial Sweeteners. Sure, these sweeteners don't contain calories, but they are known to increase your appetite and cravings for carbohydrates. In the quest for your best body, put down the diet soda and reach instead for some water.
13) Exercise With a Pro. Are you exercising as efficiently as possible? Do you challenge your muscles enough during each workout? Are you keeping the routine new and fresh? These are all factors that will be taken care of for you when you work with a trained fitness professional. Working with a pro ensures that you make the most of your exercise time.
So there you have it, 13 tips that will take your results up a notch.
If you haven't joined one of my programs yet, now is a great time to start. Together we will get you focused on your goals with my results-driven method.