If you don’t already do this, make Monday’s slow cooker nights. Mondays have a way of getting super busy and hectic, so taking a few minutes to get dinner in the slow cooker that morning is a way to ensure that you and your family are enjoying a healthy, homemade meal at night!
Here’s a new and exciting way to cook up chicken in your slow cooker! The Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Blend brings phenomenal flavor to tender, fall-apart chicken breast and thigh. Pair this protein with a dark leafy salad and a piece of baked sweet potato. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need...
- 3 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bone-in, chicken breasts, skin removed
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- Combine the seasoning, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the seasoning into all of the chicken pieces. Place, bone side down, in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl combine the coffee, lime juice, molasses, jalapeno and garlic. Add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker. Remove and discard the bones, and shred the chicken. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker, mixing with the sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: 288 calories, 17g fat, 1g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 484mg sodium, 1g fiber, and 30g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!