REGIONAL believes that the best time to learn financial responsibility is while young. Our award-winning Student Credit Union program helps young people learn vital money-management skills, while also giving them a convenient way to deposit and withdraw from their savings accounts right at school.
REGIONAL currently sponsors ten student credit union branches in Northwest Indiana:
- Portage High School: Indian Branch (1990)
- Scott Middle School: Scorpion Branch (2006)
- Bishop Noll Institute: BNI Warrior Branch (2006)
- Morton High School: Governor Branch (2006)
- Hobart High School: Brickie Branch (2006)
- Morton Elementary School: Meteor Branch (2007)
- Hobart Middle School: Brickie Branch II (2007)
- Willowcreek Middle School: Brave Branch (2007)
- Irving Elementary School: Panther Branch (2008)
- Morgan Township School: Cherokee Branch (2010)
Students may open a REGIONAL savings account at the student credit unions with just $1, and make deposits and withdrawals during hours of operation. We emphasize the saving aspect of the student branches, and encourage members to deposit regularly, even in small amounts, and to set short and long-term savings goals. Student Credit Union branches are staffed by student-members from each school; student employees gain experience with cash handling, professionalism and confidentiality.