When you’re serving people, it’s more than a job. It’s a rewarding career.
At the Residences Senior Living, you must have a passion for serving elderly persons as this is the most important quality for all our staff. It’s this factor that sets us apart and ensures the best living experience for our residents.
- Work for a licensed assisted living facility owned primarily by physicians, not a corporation.
- Gain access to the latest equipment, technology and modern aesthetics as our community has to offer.
- Join a team culture focused on friendliness, compassion and teamwork from the top down.
We're Hiring an LPN
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you provide care for our residences with friendly, positive co-workers adjacent Coffee Creek Watershed Preserve.
Our staff work in our culture of teamwork and respect – with some laughter throughout the day! We work together towards our goal of exceptional resident care.
The nurse (LPN/RN) is a member of the resident care team who provides a supportive and balanced environment that promotes the independence of each resident with individualized care.Specific Task/Duties
A. Provides Nursing Care - 70% of the time
- Provides a supportive and balanced environment that promotes the independence of each resident with individualized care.
- Provides nursing care and performs specialized duties and procedures to residents adhering to resident plan of care.
- Performs physical assessments and assesses the resident’s response to care.
- Observes the resident for changes in their condition and reports these changes to the appropriate physician and other healthcare professionals, including nurse supervisor.
- Provides care interventions consistent with professional standards of care.
- Performs treatments as ordered adhering to aseptic technique as required.
- Administers medications according to approved procedure and documents accurately in the resident record (excluding medications in the following categories which must be given by an RN: any initial intravenous medications, non-oral cancer chemotherapeutic agents and investigational drugs).
- Demonstrates application of Universal Precautions and infection control principles.
- Assists residents with ambulation and transfers.
- In absence of the director/nursing supervisor, supervises the work of CNA’s and QMA’s.
- Performs other duties as needed or as assigned.
B. Communicates and educates - 15% of the time
- Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques and encourages independence.
- Treats all residents with compassion and dignity.
- Respects and safeguards confidential information regarding residents.
- Exercises tact and good judgment in dealing with residents, families, and co-workers.
- Maintains professional in dealing with resident and family concerns. Addresses concern timely and follows-up appropriately. Notifies immediate supervisor of concern.
- Assists with resident activities to promote physical, social and psychological well-being of residents.
C. Keeps accurate and timely records - 10% of the time
- Completes accurate documentation of resident care before the end of the shift.
- Accurately and consistently records time worked utilizing key fab system.
- Accurately and timely transcribes physician orders.
D. In-Services and compliance - 5% of the time
- Updates knowledge and skills through in-services and continuing education per facility requirements.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Complies with local, state and federal rules and regulations; facility rules, policies and procedures; and with all resident rights.