Valparaiso High School and Purdue University basketball star Robbie Hummel is returning to the region to host his second annual Robbie Hummel Basketball Camp, running June 17-20th at The Fieldhouse in Merrillville.
The Robbie Hummel Basketball Camp will provide individual instruction on shooting, ball handling, passing, defense and team concepts. Competitive competition (5-on-5) will also be used as a training tool.
"It’s really fun to interact with the kids," said Hummel. "We play some 5-on-5 where I get to be the 'all time point guard' and it’s cool coming full circle teaching the kids just like so many others taught me during all the camps I went to."
Hummel played in his first NBA season this year for the Minnesota Timberwolves, starting in 5 games and averaging 3.4 point and 2.5 rebounds in just 12 minutes per game.
The camp will run in two sessions:
- Session 1: Grades K-5, 9:30am -11:30am
- Session 2: Grades 6-9, 12:30pm - 2:30pm
Cost is $115 for either session.
“The camp is very fundamentally based," explains Hummel. "It's taught by myself and other former college players."
For more information, visit http://www.thefieldhouse-merrillville.com/robbie-hummel-basketball-camp.php
A full refund will be given if you withdraw by May 24, 2014. A refund of $50 will be given if you withdraw before the start of camp. There will be no refunds if you withdraw after the camp has started.
- Played 2013-2014 Season with the Minnesota Timberwolves
- 4-time All-Big Ten selection (3-time first team All-Big Ten)
- 2010 Second Team State Farm All-American
- AP Honorable Mention All-American (2010, 2012)
- Lowe's Senior CLASS Award Winner
- 2-time Big Ten Champion
- Played in World University Games (Bronze Medal, 2009)
- Worked with Tim Grover and Ed Schilling, nationally renowned professional basketball trainers