The four students nominated for queen are seniors Shelby Grimm, Lexi Mathis, Shaye McCarthy, and Aysha Moore; and four for princess are sophomores Neaveh Barrientes, Skylar Hayden, Madison Wrigley, and freshman Abby Winland.
- Grimm, daughter of Tracy and Jeff Grimm of Valparaiso, is a member of National Honor Society (NHS), and is active in varsity softball, travel softball, Spanish club and is a peer tutor.
- Mathis, daughter of Jeremy and Marianne Mathis of Valparaiso, is a peer tutor at CHS and was active in CHS cheerleading.
- McCarthy, daughter of Tracey Wilcox and Patrick McCarthy of Chesterton, is active in Trojan Guard, Pep Band, Backup Band and WDSO Radio.
- Moore, daughter of Jacqueline and Scott Moore of Chesterton, is active in varsity track.
- Barrientes, daughter of Susan McDaniel and Dave Mardis of Westville, is active in league softball.
- Hayden, daughter of Tami Glassman, is active in CHS Athletic Training and is a member of French club.
- Wrigley, daughter of Beth and Jeff Wrigley of Valparaiso, is active in Debate and is a volunteer at the Boys and Girls Club.
- Winland, daughter of Lynne Alkire and Bob Winland, is active in gymnastics, Student Government and Art club.
The four students nominated for king are seniors Harley Lohmeyer, Paul Petro, Nolan Poczekay and Aramis Solis; and four for prince are sophomores Andrew Alders, Davian Ojeda, Jack Ward and Jack Whitten
- Lohmeyer, son of Rick and Kristi Lohmeyer of Chesterton, is active in CHS soccer, football and basketball as well as intramural volleyball. He is also a member of the Spanish club.
- Petro, son of Robert and Cris Petro of Chesterton, is a member of NHS, Business Professional of America (BPA) and Autism Spectrum Coalition. He is active in varsity tennis, Debate, Duneland Academic Competition (DAC) champion.
- Poczekay, son of Tom and Jamie Poczekay of Westville, is active in Trojan Guard, Wind Ensemble, math competitions-Moody’s Mega Math Challenge, and took first place in Indiana for TrigStar. As a Boy Scout he has completed his Eagle Scout project this year.
- Solis, son of Johanne and Fernando Fernandez of Chesterton, is active in varsity football and track and field.
- Alders, son of Larry and Judy Alders of Chesterton, is active on the swim team and was a Trojan Charge mentor. He also volunteers with Neighborhood Link Porter County.
- Ojeda, son of Jennifer and Michael Vega of Valparaiso, is active in swimming and diving team, and is a member of the Spanish Club.
- Ward, son of Caroline and Joe Ward of Chesterton, is active in tennis, karate, piano and Boy Scouts.
- Whitten, son of Kenny and Terri Whitten of Porter, is active on the Speech and plans on participating in wrestling.
The CHS homecoming royalty will be chosen on Friday, Sept. 29 at halftime at the homecoming football game against Lake Central. The parade will begin at 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 29 from the Chesterton Middle School Pool Parking Lot. The parade route will continue east on Porter Ave to Calumet, Calumet to Broadway, Broadway to 6th Street and back to CMS.