Please see below for South Shore Line alcohol restrictions and service updates due to the upcoming Jazz Fest taking place Aug. 29-Sept. 2, 2018, in Millennium Park, as well as the Labor Day holiday.
Wednesday, Aug. 29 through Friday, Aug. 31:
- The South Shore Line will operate a weekday train schedule.
- Bikes are permitted on WB Trains #6 and #106, and EB Trains #11 and #111.
- Alcohol is prohibited on all trains after 7 p.m. Glass bottles are prohibited at all times.
Saturday, Sept. 1 through Sunday, Sept. 2:
- The South Shore Line will operate a weekend/holiday train schedule.
- Bikes are permitted on all bike-rack equipped trains.
- Alcohol is prohibited on all trains. Glass bottles are prohibited at all times.
- Millennium Station ticket agent hours will be extended until 6:30 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 3:
The South Shore will operate a weekend/holiday train schedule in observance of Labor Day. Bikes are permitted on select weekend/holiday trains and stations Sept. 1-3.
The Millennium Station ticket office will be open from 9:35 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday; all other ticket offices will be closed. Please purchase tickets from our ticket vending machines (debit or credit cards only) located at most stations, or use our convenient South Shore mobile app.
NICTD’s administrative offices in Chesterton and Michigan City will also be closed on Monday in observance of the holiday.