Take the South Shore Line (SSL) to Chicago for the Cubs World Series! Even if the game runs into extra innings, SSL has you covered on your trip home! The SSL will provide a CUBS EXTRA train departing Millennium Station 90 minutes following the conclusion of each scheduled night game at Wrigley Field. The CUBS EXTRA train will run nonstop to Hegewisch and make all local stops to Michigan City.
The CUBS EXTRA train will not serve Hudson Lake or South Bend.
Check out the SSL schedule for train times & fares at www.mysouthshoreline.com.
Getting to Wrigley Field from South Shore Line (Millennium Station):
- Take the SSL to Millennium Station.
- Walk to CTA Washington Station. (Head west on Randolph St. for one block, and turn south on State St. The entrance is adjacent to Macy’s.)
- Take the Red Line to Addison stop in Wrigleyville.
- Take a short walk to Wrigley Field. (Head west on Addison St. for ½ block.)
Returning to the South Shore Line (Millennium Station) from Wrigley Field:
- Immediately following the game, walk from Wrigley Field to the Red Line Addison stop in Wrigleyville.
- Take the Red Line to CTA Washington Station. (The entrance is adjacent to Macy’s.)
- Walk to Millennium Station and get on SSL train.
The South Shore Line is a commuter rail line operated by the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District (NICTD) between Millennium Station in downtown Chicago and the South Bend International Airport in South Bend, Indiana.