Ever wished you could pick up a great salad, quickly, on Route 30 in Valparaiso? That day has come, with the reopening of the Van Til’s location on U.S. 30 on the city's west side.
The new space includes an expanded produce department, more organic options, fresh juice and sushi, a hot bar, a salad bar, more cheese, an expanded deli and bakery, and more wine. A ribbon cutting was held to celebrate the reopening, and many of Strack’s executives showed up to celebrate.
“We’ve really raised the bar here. Our store caters to the busy lifestyles of the people of Valpo, and we’re excited to provide them good food solutions,” explained Chris Devine, Store Director.
Jeff Strack, CEO of Strack and Van Til’s said, “We’re excited to provide excellent service to the community. Our goal is to make customers lives easier through programs like the car delivery, and hot options. This is a great community. We’re Indiana Made, and proud to be an Indiana organization. We will continue to provide a great shopping experience.
Bob Jacobs, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Indiana Beverage, said, “The Strack & Van Til family and the Leetz family have a long history and a wonderful partnership. Indiana Beverage is proud to be part of this process.”
After the ribbon cutting, checks totaling $1,000 were presented to Valparaiso Community Schools as well as the Porter County Animal Shelter. “We’re grateful for their support and look forward to growing the partnership,” said Chris Devine.
Everyone was then invited to get to know the store, which boasts pleasant lighting and beautiful displays. Additional amenities include:
- Additional entrance to ease the flow of shoppers in and out of the building
- Expanded fresh floral shop and a newly expanded produce department which offers more natural and organic produce and bulk foods than ever before
- Freshly squeezed juice, squeezed in store with an endless combination of flavors available
- Space dedicated to over 300 varieties of specialty cheese
- New beer and wine department, offering one of the city’s most diverse selections of craft beers and specialty wines in the city
- Brand new smoker, a hummus and olive bar in addition to a salad bar and hot foods bar
- Newly added sushi bar
- Remodeled café style seating area equipped with casual seating and TVs
- Full service, in-store scratch bakery department, with the addition of an expanded gourmet dessert program and Valpo’s only gourmet popcorn shop available in a grocery store
- Full service meat and seafood case, offering a broader selection of specialty cuts, prepared entrees and fresh fish including a new fresh live lobster tank
The newly renovated Strack & Van Til store is located at 2168 US-30 in Valparaiso and is open 6am-12am daily. Click here for more information. You can read more about the store and its new amenities in our preview article here!