This is a message from the City of Crown Point regarding our fundraising and collection efforts for Hurricane Harvey relief.
100% of funds and goods collected will be donated to the communities in and around Alvin, Texas. We have chosen to adopt Alvin based on its similar downtown likeness, character and population to Crown Point. Alvin has suffered tremendous damage from the hurricane and is in desperate need of assistance.
Monetary contributions can be made immediately in the following ways:
Cash and check donations can ONLY be made to Crown Point Cares Account (Hurricane Harvey relief) at the Crown Point First Midwest Bank branch located at 1100 N Main St.
Tax Deductible online donations can be made online at CPCares.us, Please identify “CROWN POINT CARES” in the message line accompanying the donation. This step is very important to ensure the donation goes to the correct place.
Superior Petroleum is donating trucks and is willing to transport the items collected. Donations for the first truck will be accepted through – Wednesday, September 20th.
Please visit our website at www.crownpoint.in.gov for a list of acceptable items and drop off locations.
Drop Off Locations
The City is working with several local churches in the area as a drop off locations. Beginning Wednesday September 6th through Wednesday September 20th. You may drop off goods at the following locations:
- First United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, 352 S Main St. (Mon- Fri 8am – 6pm, Sun 8am- 12 pm)
- St. Matthias Parish Office 101 W Burrell Dr. (Mon. Wed. and Thurs 9am-7pm, Fri and Sun 9am -12pm)
- Hillside Community Church, 5201 W 109th Ave
- Cross Point Church, 214 S Court St. (Tues – Thurs 9am – 3pm)
- First Christian Reformed Church, 909 E Greenwood Ave (Mon – Thurs 8am -2pm)
The following items have been requested:
- Gently used shoes & clothes of all sizes
- New Socks and Underwear
- toilet paper
- Paper towel
- dish soap
- first aid kits
- shampoo & conditioner
- laundry soap
- shave cream
- feminine products
- baby food, cereal
- non perishable food items
- ibuprofen – adult/children
- First Aid Kits