The City has chosen to adopt Alvin, Texas based on its similar downtown likeness, character and population to Crown Point. The City has collected $2090.00 and will provide gift cards to various stores at the request of the community.
We would like to thank the Crown Point staff, residents and business owners for their support as we not only collected money, we also collected, non-perishable food items, water, clothing, cleaning products, baby items etc. Enough to fill a semi-trailer donated by Superior Petroleum who will be transporting the goods at the end of the week.
Thank you to Cross Point Church, First Christian Reformed Church, First United Methodist Church, Hillside Community Church, and St. Matthias Parrish. We could not have coordinated these efforts without their help. They offered to be collection sites and were so generous to donate their time to sort and organize all the items received.
The City is working with several local churches in the area as a drop off locations. Beginning Wednesday September 6th through Wednesday September 20th. You may drop off goods at the following locations:
- First United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, 352 S Main St. (Mon- Fri 8am – 6pm, Sun 8am- 12 pm)
- St. Matthias Parish Office 101 W Burrell Dr. (Mon. Wed. and Thurs 9am-7pm, Fri and Sun 9am -12pm)
- Hillside Community Church, 5201 W 109th Ave
- Cross Point Church, 214 S Court St. (Tues – Thurs 9am – 3pm)
- First Christian Reformed Church, 909 E Greenwood Ave (Mon – Thurs 8am -2pm)
The following items have been requested:
- Gently used shoes & clothes of all sizes
- New Socks and Underwear
- toilet paper
- Paper towel
- dish soap
- shampoo & conditioner
- laundry soap
- shave cream
- feminine products
- baby food, cereal
- non perishable food items
- ibuprofen – adult/children
- First Aid Kits