Featured image: The Leadership Institute and Society of Innovators at Purdue Northwest (PNW) have announced the 2023 Women on the Rise honorees. A March reception is scheduled to network with honorees and other business leaders or professionals from the region.
The Leadership Institute and Society of Innovators at Purdue Northwest (PNW) have announced the 2023 Women on the Rise honorees.
The annual Women on the Rise list includes leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs who are making an impact across Northwest Indiana. These are the women shaping business and encouraging economic growth in our region’s communities. They achieved success in 2022 and are bringing that dynamic momentum with them into the new year.
“Bright, innovative women leaders who live in Northwest Indiana are contributing amazing energy and talent to our communities,” said Sheila Matias, executive director of the Society of Innovators and Leadership Institute. “Celebrating their contributions honors them and shows exemplary models of innovative leadership to other young women who can be inspired by their experiences.”
New this year, a reception will be held to encourage networking and connection between the honorees, other regional leaders and the individuals, and companies and organizations who are contributing to a stronger Northwest Indiana where leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation is a valued focus.
The 2023 Northwest Indiana Women on the Rise Reception will take place on Tuesday, March 7 at the Sand Creek Country Club, 1001 Sand Creek Dr., Chesterton, IN from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. CST.
The 2023 Women on the Rise are:
- Kelly Anoe (Schererville, Ind.) – President & CEO, Legacy Foundation
- Cassie Carlson (Michigan City, Ind.) – Marketing Manager, Tonn and Blank Construction
- Jessica Corral (Valparaiso, Ind.) – Executive Director, Valparaiso Creative Council
- Kayla Davis (Hobart, Ind.) – Co-founder, Patchables
- Angela Deuitch (Michigan City, Ind.) – President, I&D Squared Consulting (Diversity Squared)
- Dominique D. Edwards, M.A. (Michigan City, Ind.) – Engagement Specialist, City of South Bend
- Isis Fleming (Hobart, Ind.) – Co-founder, Patchables
- Nicole Fleming (Merrillville, Ind.) – Owner and CEO, Grandma Irma Sauces
- Irelynd Alexis Fornelli (Knox, Ind.) – Owner, Irelynd Alexis Boutique
- Liliana Gentile (Countryside, Ill.) – President and Organizational Leadership Specialist, Leaderable
- Heather Hahn Sullivan (Valparaiso, Ind.) – Executive Director, Dunes Learning Center
- Tionna Harris Crawford (Matteson, Ill.) – CEO, Elevation Individual and Family Therapy
- Gisele Jones (Hobart, Ind.) – Director, Community Partnerships and Engagement, Big Shoulders Fund
- Joslyn RW Kelly (Gary, Ind.) – Owner and Visionary, J’s Breakfast Club
- Charita Lucas (Valparaiso, Ind.) – Founder and Executive Director, Future Cycle Breakers
- Alexandra Moran (Westville, Ind.) – CEO, Plantennas
- Mary Perren (Knox, Ind.) – Executive Assistant, Starke County Economic Development Foundation
- Catalina Rodriguez (Chicago, Ill.) – Assistant Vice Chancellor of Educational Opportunity Programs, Purdue University Northwest
- Shanita D. Starks (Gary, Ind.) – Founder and CEO, Stark Truth LLC
- Erin Stojic (Valparaiso, Ind.) – Level Up Program Director, United Way of Northwest Indiana
- Chelsea Whittington (Gary, Ind.) – Founder and CEO, C WHITT PR
Registration for the 2023 Northwest Indiana Women on the Rise Reception is now open. Individual tickets are $25. For more information and to register, please visit pnw.edu/soi or by reaching out to the Society of Innovators at email@example.com.
The Society of Innovators at Purdue Northwest
The Society of Innovators at Purdue Northwest (PNW) aims to contribute to economic and community development throughout the region as the champion of innovation in Northwest Indiana. For more information about the Society of Innovators, visit www.pnw.edu/soi.
The Leadership Institute at Purdue Northwest
The Leadership Institute at Purdue Northwest (PNW) is the hub of leadership development in Northwest Indiana. We present dynamic research-based leadership development programs for businesses, area professionals, and youth leaders from the university and across our regional community. For more information about the Leadership Institute, visit www.pnw.edu/leadership-institute.
Purdue University Northwest
Purdue University Northwest (PNW) is a premier metropolitan university dedicated to empowering transformational change in our students and in our community. Located in Northwest Indiana, near Chicago, PNW values academic excellence, supports growth, and celebrates diversity. For more information about PNW, visit www.pnw.edu.