The Summer Rhapsody Music Festival will fill Central Park Plaza with live entertainment at a series of concerts brought to you by Valparaiso Community Festivals & Events (VCFE). The event is presented by Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute and kicks off on June 19 at 7pm with a performance by the Valparaiso Community/University Concert Band. Just a few days later, on June 21, The Summer Rhapsody Festival Orchestra returns for the third year with a 2013 theme of An American Salute honoring American composers and styles with a special selection to honor our veterans. Composed of talented musicians, this orchestra is lead by Miguel E. Rosario-Vega, Artistic Director and Conductor.
This concert series is free to the community and attendees are encouraged to bring picnic baskets, lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy summer evenings in the park. The summer concert schedule is below. Be sure to arrive early!
- June 19: Valparaiso Community/University Concert Band; 7pm
- June 21: Summer Rhapsody Festival Orchestra; 8pm
- July 10: Valparaiso Community/University Concert Band; 7pm
- July 17: Middle of the Road Band; 7:30pm
- July 24: Middle School Band, 7pm
- August 8: Chicago Rat Pack; 7:30pm
- August 16: Spazmatics; 7:30pm
For more information about the Summer Rhapsody Music Festival contact VCFE at www.valparaisoevents.com or call (219) 464-8332.
Photo: Attendees enjoy a summer evening in the park at the 2012 Summer Rhapsody Music Festival Orchestra performance.