Valparaiso Community Festivals & Events (VCFE) will host The Summer Rhapsody Music Festival beginning Saturday, June 16, 2012, in Central Park Plaza. The event has expanded this year to include 10 free concerts with the presenting partnership of Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute and other corporate sponsors.
This concert series will include two special event concerts on Saturdays, June 16 and August 18 featuring the Summer Rhapsody Festival Orchestra with conductor, Miguel E. Rosario-Vega. The first concert celebrates the 80th birthday of John Williams with his popular film works from Superman, Jaws, Indiana Jones, Star Wars and more!
On August 18, the Festival Orchestra will return with musical selections from some of Hollywood’s classic and modern film scores. Gates will open at 7 pm for both special event concerts with music beginning at 8 pm.
General admission is free and VIP tickets are available for both concerts for $25 per person or $45 per couple. VIP’s will enjoy early entry at 6 pm, VIP seating and a VIP gift. All attendees will have access to the beer & wine garden and food tent for purchases. For VIP tickets, visit VCFE online at www.ValparaisoEvents.com or call 464-8332.
Outside food is not allowed at the special event concerts. Attendees are encouraged, however, to bring picnics and outside food to the other 8 remaining concerts. The summer concert schedule is below. Be sure to arrive early!
- June 16: Summer Rhapsody Festival Orchestra; 8 pm (VIP Available)
- June 20: Community/University Band; 7 pm
- June 23: Great Lakes Navy Band; 7 pm
- June 28: Air National Guard Band;7:30 pm
- July 7: VHS Alumni Jazz Band; 7 pm
- July 11: Community/University Band; 7 pm
- July 25: Middle School Concert; 7 pm
- July 29: Suzuki Conservatory; 6:30 pm
- August 18: Summer Rhapsody Festival Orchestra; 8 pm (VIP Available)
- August 26: Chicago Classic Brass Band; 6:30 pm
For more information about the Summer Rhapsody Music Festival contact VCFE at www.valparaisoevents.com or call (219) 464-8332.