All Valparaiso Area Community based organizations may nominate one special volunteer for this award. Nominees must be unpaid volunteers.
Purpose of Award
- To recognize outstanding volunteers
- To promote volunteerism
- To encourage increased volunteerism within our community
- To celebrate the “spirit of volunteerism”
Award = $500 to the local, qualified charity or community organization which nominates the candidate selected to receive the Volunteer of the Year Award.
Award Winner will…
- Be an exemplary volunteer.
- Represent the highest level of volunteerism.
- Have an extensive volunteer background.
- Have made a significant impact on the community.
- Be available to attend a special luncheon meeting on May 26, 2010.
The 2009 Award recipient will be recognized at the Wednesday, May 26, 2010 regular Kiwanis Luncheon meeting.
March 26, 2010 – Deadline for submission of completed Nomination Form. Only the first 12 nominations will be accepted.
Nominees will be selected based on the quality and quantity of their volunteer contributions and the effect of their efforts on our community. Selection preference may be given to nominees who have served as volunteers over a period of years and contributed significant quality time to volunteer activities.
- This award may be presented to an individual only once in his/her lifetime
- Any Valparaiso area community based organization may nominate one person for this award. Only the first 12 nominations will be accepted.
- The Valparaiso Noon Kiwanis Club Foundation Board of Directors will make the final selection from the nominations received.
- The Valparaiso Noon Kiwanis Board of Directors will vote on the decision of the Foundation Board.
- The Board of Directors will make the final decision on this award, without recourse to any appeal.
- The award presentation will be conducted at a regularly scheduled meeting of the Valparaiso Noon Kiwanis Club or as determined by the Club Board of Directors.
Sequence of activities
- Nomination forms distributed to Kiwanis membership. Members requested to forward nomination forms to community based organizations. January to March
- Nomination forms due to Kiwanis Foundation Board of Directors. March 26, 2010
- Foundation Board meets to evaluate and vote on nominations. Selection forwarded for action to Club Board of Directors for regular Board meeting.
- Award presentation scheduled for a Noon Kiwanis Club meeting (May 26, 2010).
Amendments and Approval of Procedure -
The Kiwanis Foundation Board of Directors will accept input at any time from all members regarding the award selection criteria and procedures. The Board will annually approve and review the procedure. Changes or additional awards may be made at the discretion of the executive board.
To download the form, click here.