Job Title: ValpoNEXT Coordinator
Weekly Time Commitment: 10-15 hours
The coordinator of ValpoNEXT will be uniquely positioned to assist in leading the implementation of the ValpoNEXT Action Plan as created by the citizens of Valparaiso and as adopted by the Valparaiso City Council in 2014. Working closely with ValpoNEXT Board, the greater public and City leadership, this individual will coordinate and support collective action to realize the vision put forward in the ValpoNEXT plan. The coordinator will engage the greater Valparaiso community, including individuals, corporations, non-profits and other stakeholders in support of the vision and recommendations of the ValpoNEXT plan. The coordinator will convene meetings, provide communications through regular media and social media, foster citizen dialogue, and report regularly to the City and community on progress and on areas needing further development within the plan’s initiatives.
- Engage the greater Valparaiso public, including all stakeholders as identified in the ValpoNEXT Initiatives, and those that emerge through further processes
- Organize and convene Board and Community Board meetings on monthly to bi-monthly basis
- Regularly engage and communicate with ValpoNEXT Board on tasks at hand, discussing and acting on objectives and goals
- Communicate with the public through various means of communication, including email, social media and face-to-face interaction
- Manage website, social media, and any other form of public communication
- Coordinate fundraising and grant writing, working with City staff and/or consultants
- Assist in budgeting, managing the budget with direction fromValpoNEXT Board
- Work with ValpoNEXT Board to identify and pursue relevant actions in Vision Plan
- Prepare and present, at a minimum, at least once a year the progress report to City Council and larger community
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Engaging interpersonal communication and listening skills
- Familiarity with email, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and cloud storage and other forms of technology tools
- Valparaiso resident familiar with Valparaiso
- Self-starter, with daily drive to accomplish tasks at hand
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders
Interested candidates must submit their letter of interest and any supporting documents electronically to Julie Lauck, President ValpoNEXT no later than September 14, 2017.
Please send documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org Call Julie Lauck at 219-531-3000 if you have questions.