Girls Swim & Dive Sectionals
The Lady Vikings took 2nd at the Swim & Dive Sectionals! Lindsey Giesler is the Sectional Champ for Diving! Below are those that finished in the top 5:
- 200 Yard Medley Relay - 2nd place - Emma Krsak, Andrea Grasch, Jorie Irving & Edie Patterson
- 200 Yard Freestyle - 2nd - Edie Patterson
- 50 Yard Freestyle - 4th - Jorie Irving
- Diving - 1st - Lindsey Giesler, 2nd Lara Stamp, 3rd - Reagan Williams
- 100 Yard Butterfly - 4th - Jorie Irving, 5th - Katherine Padilla
- 100 Yard Freestyle - 2nd - Edie Patterson, 5th - Paige Schulte
- 500 Yard Freestyle - 4th - Andrea Grasch
- 200 Yard Freestyle Relay - 1st - Jorie Irving, Paige Schulte, Andrea Grasch & Edie Patterson
- 100 Yard Backstroke - 3rd - Katherine Padilla, 4th - Emma Krsak
- 400 Yard Freestyle Relay - 2nd - Emma Krsak, Stella Wainman, Allison Grasch & Katherine Padilla
All three of our Divers moved onto the Diving Regionals. The top 8 Divers from Regionals move on to the State Tournament. Congratulations to Lindsey Giesler who placed 4th with a total score of 389.75 points and to Lara Stamp who placed 7th with a total score of 372.80. Reagan Williams narrowly missed moving on by placing 9th with a total score of 360.45. GOOD LUCK AT STATE!
Congratulations to all of our wrestlers that moved onto Regionals. Four of our Vikings are moving on to Semi-State on February 12th at East Chicago Central at 9 am CST. Below are the Vikings that are moving on!
- Connor Svantner - 1st Place
- Dylan Kwiatkowski - 3rd Place
- Stefan Vitello - 3rd Place
- Chandler Antrim - 4th Place
The Lady Vikings started their Sectional run a little late due to the snow storm, but they came out fight, defeating the Hobart Brickies. Becca Gerdt led in points and rebounds with 14 and 9. She was followed by here sister, Emma and Bo Ayangade each with 12 points.
Unfortunately, the season ended too early for the Lady Vikings as they were defeated by Merrillville in round two of the sectionals, 38-48. Kristin Bukata led the team with 13 points, followed by Amelia Benjamin and Becca Gerdt with 9 each.
Great job to our Ladies on a great season! We will miss our seniors next year and wish them the best of luck!
2/5 - Freshmen "A" team defeated Plymouth 46-26. Trenten Kimes led the team with 12 points.
2/5 - Freshmen "B" played in the Lowell Tournament. In the first game, they took on Merrillville and came away with the win, 38-35. Nick Bravo led the team with 10 points. In game 2, they fell to Kankakee Valley, 24-39. Trevor Fenters led with 6 points.2/9 - We celebrated our Seniors with a couple of wins over LaPorte. The final score for the Varsity game was 57-47. Seniors Breece Walls scored 16 points with 5 rebounds, Michael Flynn scored 8 points with 1 rebound, Adler Hazlett scored 6 points with 2 assists. Jack Kuka and Blaine Dalton helped lift the team to victory. JV won 70-53. All 12 players scored in a balanced attack, especially in the second half. Justin Clark led with 14 points.
2/10 - Freshmen "A" and "B" both had wins against Lake Central. "A" team won 40-37, Julian Stokes led with 16 points. "B" won 40-33, Trevor Fenters led with 16 points.
2/9 - The Lady Vikings took on Portage and had a great win, 113.225 to 108.800. Below are the winning gymnasts:
- Vault - Gabi Grisafi
- Bars - Gabi Grisafi
- Beam - Molly Dreher
- Floor - Gabi Grisafi
- All-Around - Gabi Grisafi