Wow we got a lot of snow! Downtown is digging out in preparation for a fun filled weekend with Winter Dazzle. The fun begins on Friday, February 4 with free horse drawn wagon rides and live ice carvings from 5pm to 7pm. Ice carvings can be found by Lifestyles, rTrail Collective Edge, Pikk's Tavern/Bon Femme Cafe, Bistro 157, Old World Market and on the courthouse square by the Valparaiso Community Festivals and Events (VCFE) tent where the first 500 kids can pick up a special winter treat that is sure to bring a glow to their faces.
The fun continues Saturday with miniature ice golf and horse drawn wagon rides from 11am to 3pm around the courthouse square. Club and ball rental is $1 or free to VCFE members.
Cooking classes with Chef Nicole, Bistro 157 and Chef Paul, Pikk's Tavern on Saturday are full, but be sure to drop by these restaurants for a bite to eat!
Visit these downtown retailers who are offering Red Signature Promotions during this event that you won't want to miss!
- Air One is offering 10% off the Northwest Indiana Aerial coffee table book.
- Bark & Meow Pet Boutique & Bakery is having a doggie treat giveaway.
- Catherine's Bridal Boutique is offering $50 off any bridal gown purchase of $499 or more and $100 off any Disney Fairy Tale Wedding Gown.
- Closet Exchange has all winter apparel 25% to 75% off & 10% of all new spring arrivals.
- European Style Salon is offering free consultations on hair extension, color, Brazilian blow out, eyelash extension and make up.
- Lifestyles has a Red Heart Tag Sale offering 50% off selected Red Tag items.
- Locks of Fun is offering 10% off of any haircut or retail purchase.
- Martin Binder Jeweler has their trained jewelry professionals that will help you select the perfect gift this Valentine's Day. February 5th through the 12th, receive a read heart box of South Bend Chocolates with your $150 purchase. Join us on Feb. 12th for a Valentine's Day party!
- Ms Nails is offering paraffin wax treatments for a donation to the American Heart Association Go Red for Women.
- Old World Market will treat your palate to a Fondue Cheese demo with sampling and find 10% off all Fondue pots & wares.
- Piper Boutiques has 50% off Winter Sale.
- rTrail Collective Edge invites you to stop in for a Hot Tea tasting of an Asian Tea & Flower selection that has many positive health benefits for you including Orchid Oolong, Sliver Needle and Royal Chrysanthemum Blossoms. Save $1 on your tea purchase when you claim ID Code #833 at checkout.
- Silcott Shoes is offering 20% off Winter Boots.
Before or after some downtown shopping, try a healthy salad and sherbet combo! Valpo Velvet suggests you try one of their Gourmet Salads: The California Crunch, The Shoppe Signature Salad, or The Hummus Plate and receive a FREE scoop of 98% Fat Free Valpo Velvet Gourmet Sherbet with your meal!
Healthy Dinner Menu Items Friday evening at these Valpodining.com downtown restaurants:
- Bistro 157 - $25.00 Heart Healthy 3 Course Prix Fixe with Choice of Chicken or Fish.
- Bon Femme - Baked Salmon with Basil Pesto and Crimini Mushrooms.
- Don Quijote - Grilled Swordfish Steak with Steamed Vegetables.
- Pikk's Tavern - Poached Chicken Breast with Zucchini, Potato and Herbs.