The Valparaiso University women’s golf team rounded out its first look at Spirit Hollow Golf Course, the home of the 2020 MVC Championship, in Burlington, Iowa. In Round 3, the Brown & Gold were led by Cailey Rooker (St. Joseph, Mich. / St. Joseph), who had her second sub-80 round in as many tournaments.
How It Happened
- Rooker finished the day with a 79 to lead Valpo participants. She tied for 64th in the event with a 253, closing it out with her best round of the week on Tuesday.
- Senior Kayla Krueger (Spring Lake, Mich. / Spring Lake) was the team leader in terms of 54-hole score, finishing at 242. She tied for 29th in the 96-player field, rounding out the event with an 18-hole score of 84 on Tuesday.
- Sophomore Payton Hodson (Middleton, Wis. / Middleton) concluded her tournament with an 87 to post a 250, which put her at t-57.
Inside the Round
- Valpo finished 14th in the team standings with a 997. The team scored a 338 in Tuesday’s final round.
- Valpo’s best showing came on Par 3 holes, as the team computed a 3.40 average, ninth in the 15-team field. Maddison Murphy (Bloomington, Ill. / University) had a 3.17 on Par 3 holes.
- The team totaled nine birdies for the tournament.
Valpo’s next event will be the Austin Peay Fall Invitational, starting on Monday, Sept. 30 in Clarksville, Tenn. The tournament will conclude on Tuesday, Oct. 1.