Get ready to seriously Rock and Roll! RICK LINDY AND THE WILD ONES electrify the stage on Tuesday, June 18, 2019, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. at Woodland Park in Portage, Indiana! This fantastic concert is all part of this year's 2019 Portage Summer Music Series of free concerts held indoors in Woodland Park's Oakwood Grand Hall, every Tuesday, June through August. Woodland Park is located just south of US 20 in Portage, at 2100 Willowcreek Road (from US 20 & 249, 1/4 mile east to light, 1/4 mile south to park entrance). Seating is provided and the show is open to the public.
Rockin' the hits of The Legends of Rock and Roll, The Wild Ones band was formed in 2000 by veteran vocalist Rick Lindy, whose powerful voice has been described as being "as big as Texas!" This super-charged popular band performs Classic Rock and Retro-Rock, playing rock and roll hits of the 1950's, 60's, and 70's, as well as performing Surf, Rock-a-Billy, and Original Songs. Rick Lindy and the Wild Ones band has toured Europe and has performed concerts around the USA, mainly in Chicago at such places as Navy Pier, The Sears Tower, The John Hancock Building, Green Dolphin Street, and The United Center. Wherever and whenever they perform, Rick Lindy and the Wild Ones band offers entertaining high- energy shows that captivate and wow audiences of all ages! It's standing ovations every time this terrific band is in town!
Concessions and a cash bar add to the Woodland Park concerts fun, and there's plenty of dance-floor room for young and old, family and friends, to rock the night away!
Mark your calendars for upcoming 2019 Portage Summer Music Series of FREE indoor concerts at Woodland Park, June through August, music ranging from 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s rock n' roll, swing, jazz, blues, country, to contemporary, and much more on Tuesday evenings, 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. All concerts will be held indoors, in Oakwood Grand Hall:
- June 25: Island 49 (Jimmy Buffet Tribute Show)
- July 2: Wolffgang (Hobart High School Girls Choir)
- July 9: John "Tom Jones" Truncali (Tom Jones Tribute)
- July 16: The Jon and Megan Experience (Classic Acoustic Rock Covers)
- July 23: Chris & Lou (The Beatles Celebration)
- July 30: Larry Spurlock Little Big Band (Big Band Music)
- Aug 6: Hot Sauce (Pop Music and Vocals)
- Aug 13: Monterrey (Music and Song Past and Present)
- Aug 20: Harley Hehr (Music, Song, Comedy, Impressions)
- Aug 27: Joe Zirconia & Dave "Elvis" Thomas (Tribute to Neil Diamond & Elvis Presley)
- 2100 Willowcreek Road
- Portage, IN 46368