Effective January 1, 2009
- We do not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We do not store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, kept private, and permanently deleted.
184 N 350 W
Valparaiso IN, 46385
Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information provided by the User: When you sign up for a ValpoLife.com membership we ask for personal information such as your name, email address and what you would like your password to be. We encourage you to use your real name and include your address so we can ensure you receive all member benefits, discounts, and prizes from ValpoLife.com and it's participating area merchants.
- Log information – When you access ValpoLife.com (like most websites), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. The purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use its website. From time to time, ValpoLife.com may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate. This includes the number of unique visitors to the site, the number of page views collectively, the number of ad impressions displayed for ValpoLife, and all other information advertisers desire to know to base their advertising decisions upon. ValpoLife.com does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to ValpoLife, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- Links – ValpoLife.com may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our customized content and advertising.
- Providing our services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some ValpoLife.com features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services; however, ValpoLife.com may not then be able to provide those services to you.
ValpoLife.com only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of ValpoLife.com in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of ValpoLife, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregate, non-personal information, such as the number of users who, for example, clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to ValpoLife.com employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
ValpoLife.com discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on ValpoLife’s behalf or to provide services available at ValpoLife’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using ValpoLife’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. ValpoLife.com will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, ValpoLife.com discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when ValpoLife.com believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of ValpoLife, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of ValpoLife.com and have supplied your email address, ValpoLife.com may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what is going on with ValpoLife.com and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. ValpoLife.com takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use ValpoLife.com services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
184 N 350 W
Valparaiso IN, 46383
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is ValpoLife’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between ValpoLife.com and an individual.